Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Update #4

Good news!
I have been working on Harvest Earth and have made a ton of improvements!
(A reassuring thing to hear for those of you awaiting completion)

I've made a cool new menu.  Before, when you open the menu, it was a generic RPG Menu, with "Equip" and "Items" and "Skill" and "Stats" etc.  Rather boring and ill suited for a game where you don't battle monsters.  The result of only a few minutes of scripting: A sweet "ring menu" that spins around your character!  Maybe I'll put up some pictures.  Yes, I think I will, when I figure out how to do that.

I also implemented some cool fishing graphics.  Before it was kind of lame.  You would look at the water and and text window would pop up: ".......you caught a Bass!"   But now your character casts a rod and an exclamation bubble pops up (similar to pokemon).  I'm proud of it.

Pictures sound like a good idea.  I'll post some, then tell me what you guys think!   :)
blog comments powered by Disqus